Head of EMEA SMB Marketing
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Amazon Web Services is seeking a talented, self-directed field marketing expert to lead our segment, industry and category marketing teams across EMEA. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
As the Head of EMEA SMBMarketing, you will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the Small and Medium Business (SMB) customer audience and their needs, developing a scalable marketing strategy to address them. This audience contains local business owners as well as medium enterprises, and encompass both technical and business decision-makers. Your remit will include understanding our business strategy, understanding customer needs, building a targeting framework, defining the proposition, program planning, campaign/messaging development and coordinating execution across our EMEA field marketing teams to deliver results.
You will partner closely with the AWS EMEA marketing leadership team, and be responsible for working with field sales and marketing teams in countries, as well as with corporate teams in the US, to deliver programs that drive awareness, service adoption and leads. The right candidate will have successful experience in results-driven marketing and partnering with sales teams to drive growth in new regions, as well as an unbridled passion for technology, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in marketing. Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services preferred
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, technology, or relevant field of study.
• Demonstrated success in strategic segmentation, persona development, marketing management, developing marketing strategy, product marketing
• Demonstrated experience in measuring and improving the ROI of marketing investments
• Experience of operating and collaborating in a fast-paced, cross-functional matrixed global organization, managing multiple demanding stakeholders
• A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results
• Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget
• Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously
• Proven knowledge of industry tools preferred, such as SalesForce.com, Marketo
• Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
• MBA degree is preferred but not required.
Back to top