Head of AWS Global Executive Diversity Recruiting
- Arlington, VA
Amazon's vision is to be earth's most customer centric company. To achieve this vision, we believe inclusion, diversity, and equity is a mindset that must show up in everything we do-from the people we hire and promote, to the products we build for customers, to the sellers, small business owners, and communities we serve. Together, the progress we've been making is real, and yet we know there is more to do. We know that it's up to us to ensure AWS is a place where diverse talent feel included and want to grow their careers. Becoming a top employer for diverse talent will take time and significant effort. We know this is just the start of a longer journey toward our inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) goals as a company. But AWS is a community of builders and we do not shy away from tough challenges - we embrace them.
Do you want to play a lead role in helping AWS achieve our ID&E goals? Then look no further! We are looking for an ID&E expert to join the AWS Executive Recruiting team to design, own, and drive an innovative strategy to attract and hire diverse executive talent. This is a hands-on builder role that will have significant engagement and influence with senior leaders across AWS.
• Build and execute a comprehensive executive diversity recruiting strategy based on a common ID&E framework, grounded in the business, and aligned with Amazon's vision and Leadership Principles
• Close gaps in ID&E recruiting initiatives across AWS in coordination with the AWS ID&E team and Amazon's Global Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Organization.
• Create a closed-loop inspection mechanism to evaluate strategy and program outcomes, report progress, and drive continuous improvement.
• Provide subject matter expertise on internal and external diversity recruiting best practices for recruiting teams and the business
What You Bring to the Organization
• Strategy & Execution: Success designing and operationalizing a global ID&E strategy, ideally with an emphasis on Talent Acquisition.
• Business Influence and Change Management: Thought leader and change agent to influence direction and investment across AWS Executive Recruiting
• Research and Data Analysis: Strong knowledge of evidence-based research that influences organizational processes.
• Diversity Hiring: Develop targeted recruiting efforts for underrepresented groups including strategic planning, community engagement and partnership management, and tactical implementation
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of achievement leading ID&E programs with measureable results. You must have experience driving meaningful action, be data- and detail-oriented, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will be asked to operate independently in an ambiguous environment, and must have experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving them to successful completion. Because the person in this role will influence the business worldwide, they will also need to be highly collaborative and able to influence without authority while also being able to work with significant autonomy. Strong self-awareness, curiosity for others, and adaptability is essential.
Preferred location is Seattle, WA. Open to other AWS major offices (e.g., Herndon or Arlington, VA; San Francisco, CA; New York City, NY)
• Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years of program management experience in a business function or HR, with at least 5 years in a fast paced high tech, high volume environment.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to measure results and determine improvements
• Ability to influence without authority and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, frugal environment where continuous innovation is required
• Master's degree in Organizational Development, Industrial Organizational Psychology, or an MBA
• 2+ years of experience leading ID&E initiatives across multiple geographies and business lines with measurable business results
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of ID&E
• Demonstrated experience in evangelizing ID&E topics and influencing culture change
• Demonstrated cultural competence across cultures and identities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, paired with sound business judgement and ability to see around corners
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Back to top