Head of Autonomous Vehicles Computing Solutions
- San Francisco, CA
Are you passionate about self-driving vehicles? Are you passionate about developing impactful Machine Learning (ML), novel and rigorous engineering strategy? Are you passionate about engaging the Autonomous Vehicles (AV) community (AI researchers, developers building AV products, roboticists making robots that work, data scientists, and innovative entrepreneurs in hot startups and large enterprises)?
Autonomous Vehicles (AV) have the potential to transform our society and community for generations. Impacting transportation, mobility, telecommunication, energy, healthcare and insurance, rescue and emergency response, hospitality, assistance to the elderly and disabled. Achieving this requires implementing one of the most complex computing systems to-date that we intend to entrust with transporting humans. AWS Autonomous Compute is taking a fresh approach with providing an end-to-end, scalable cloud environment that simplifies the development of self-driving technology. Including a global cloud footprint, infinitely scalable cloud storage, advanced networking and security, state-of-the-art AI platforms and services, rigorous engineering, and a team with the longest experience building cloud technologies.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical leader for the role of Head of Autonomous Vehicles Solutions for our Autonomous Vehicles (AV) computing business. You will help develop the industry's best cloud based solutions to grow the AV computing business. Working closely with our engineering teams, you will help enable new capabilities for our customers to develop and deploy AV workloads on AWS. You will facilitate the enablement of market development, sales and solution architects with specific customer centric value proposition and demos about end-to-end Autonomous Vehicles technologies data ingestion, ML and computer vision, localization and mapping, simulation and testing, deployment on AWS cloud.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of startups and large Enterprises. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily articulate the potential and challenges of AV (different platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud) to engineering teams and C-Level executives. This requires deep familiarity with classical state-of-the-art approaches to AV, as well as target AV use cases using High Performance Computing (HPC), Machine Learning (ML), and robotics in the cloud.
You will need to be a technically deep thought leader in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer solutions focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technologies in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new solutions. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, business development, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management. You should be passionate about helping companies/partners understand best practices for operating on AWS.
You will be responsible for helping customers understand the value proposition of AV on AWS, creating the most compelling content and demos to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption. You will also be a AV trusted advisor to customers and internal teams; helping develop the AV knowledge and skills of Solutions Architects, as well as the technical field community. Additionally, you will work with the AWS Machine Learning and AWS EC2 engineering and product management teams to shape products vision and prioritize features for AV. You will get to work on a leading technology field and growing business; and have a material impact, every day. You will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to technical experts, researchers, software developers, IT pros, and system architects. This requires a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, research, and technical challenges.
This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of technological transformations, as a key leader.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Architect advanced solutions leveraging AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS SPOT, and Amazon ML related services, working closely with our customers to deeply understand their business needs and to design technical solutions that take advantage of the AWS Cloud platform.
• Demonstrate the viability of each solution through mechanisms like proof-of-concepts and/or prototypes.
• Develop best practices documentation, and develop a strong partner go-to-market strategy.
• Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, advanced demos, white papers, presentations, how to guides etc.)
• Evangelize AWS AV architectures and technologies through forums such as AWS Blogs, white papers, reference architectures and public-speaking events such as AWS summit, and user-group events.
• Collaborate with AWS field sales, professional services, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and effectively use AWS for AV.
• Serve as a key member of the business development and account management teams helping to ensure customer and partner success in AV, on the AWS platform.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support; providing updates on customer progress and ensuring execution by partners.
• Gain recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker for multiple internal and external events.
• Deliver compelling presentations, product demos, roadmap reviews, sample solutions and discussions to drive adoption of AV on AWS.
• Identify leads for potential engagement needing pre-sales support.
• Collaborate with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning and developer program initiatives.
• Assess training requirements and coordinating with various training teams on scheduling and delivery of training to both internal and external audiences.
• Bachelor's degree in technical discipline
• 10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience
• 5+ years of leadership experience in a technical, customer-facing role in the AV industry
• 3+ years of product development, or managing technology organizations related to AV
• 3+ years of experience managing and deploying AI/ML products
• Master's Degree or PhD in Engineering or related STEM field
• 10+ years of pre-sales engineering, technical business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
• Thorough understanding of self-driving technology stacks
• Deep hands-on understanding of deep learning and other ML algorithms and infrastructure
• Experience writing technical articles, speaking at technology conferences, or contributing to open source
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields.
• Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
• Experience with one or more ML frameworks (MxNet, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
• Solid enterprise communication skills, and business and financial acumen
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top