Would you like to own developing and implementing the global marketing data science technical strategy for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and work with the world's largest and most innovative Advertising & Marketing companies on data science projects? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team which is advancing state of the art data science in Advertising & Marketing? Do you have the data science background, technical depth, and practical hands on experience working with deep learning technologies?
Your responsibilities will include developing data science technology strategy for AWS in the Advertising & Marketing area. This will include the most impactful applied machine learning scenarios such as recommendation engines, computer vision, fraud detection as well as advanced data privacy use cases. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and deploy machine learning solutions for AWS customers. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings in data science and AI/ML for more rapid adoption by Advertisers and Marketing customers.
The ideal candidate will have extensive (hands-on) experience in delivering data science solutions in one or more areas including recommendation engines, behavioral and targeted advertising, bid optimization and fraud detection. Practical knowledge of the state-of-the art AI/ML techniques including feature engineering and deep learning for Advertising and Marketing is critical. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the data science needs of a global business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Own the development of strategic data science plans for Advertising & Marketing industry jointly with the extended AWS teams.
• Work in data science advisory role on AI/ML projects with key AWS customers in the industry.
• Prioritize data science use cases for the Advertising & Marketing industry and develop the AWS-based technical solutions that address those needs. This includes working with AWS data science partners as well as developing reference architectures that highlight the best practices for use of AWS services.
• Demonstrate data science thought leadership in the Advertising & Marketing space and ability to represent AWS at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
• Establish technical credibility with AWS data science community, collaborate with AI/ML teams across Amazon and drive new product development on behalf of Advertising & Marketing customers.
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Los Angeles, CA.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• M.S. in Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field.
• 5-7 years of experience in senior technical leadership positions within the industry.
• 3 years delivering data science / machine learning solutions in a cloud environment.
• Proven track record of fast learning of new data science and AI/ML technologies.
• Ability to do hands-on development using Python and familiarity with the data science libraries as well as AI/ML libraries such as PySpark/MLflow, AWS SageMaker.
• Hands on knowledge of one of the popular deep learning frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow or MxNet.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present ideas clearly and compellingly
• Experience with applying CI/CD principles to data science projects
• Technical knowledge of Digital Advertising and Marketing data processing pipelines.
• Algorithm and model development for large scale applications
• Experience with online/reinforcement learning, semi-supervised and transfer learning, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.