Head of ACX
- Newark, NJ
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are seeking an experienced, innovative lead for our creator platform (ACX), to drive the modernization and growth of the community and revenue. As we further build out our creator ecosystem and expand our content offerings beyond audiobooks, we are looking for an experienced, commercially-minded, strategic and highly collaborative leader to develop the strategy and vision for ACX, currently Audible's Audiobook Creation Exchange, and evolve it into a broader service engine for creators, to not only create and publish their audio content, but empower them with the tools and data to create their own success: promote and distribute their work across and among consumer-facing channels (e.g. Amazon ads, Social media, their own web page, etc.), and connect with current and future listeners.
ACX, https://www.acx.com/, is currently a marketplace where authors, creators, publishers, and other Rights Holders can connect with narrators, engineers, recording studios, and other Producers capable of producing a finished audiobook. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking and operational excellence, a passion for results, and an attitude that anything is possible. Your mission is unique and powerful help us make history by driving the strategy, operations and expansion of ACX.
• You thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven and enthusiastic problem-solvers.
• You're a strategic leader who has developed and grown successful digital platforms to scale.
• You're a visionary who takes delight in innovating with purpose, disrupting the status quo and doesn't know the meaning of the words "too big".
• You're a born leader who can drive results for your business objectives by driving action across functional teams.
• You're an exceptional verbal and written communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple, while evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
As Head of ACX, you will...
• Lead the strategy for the largest independent community of audiobook creators in the world. Set the strategic vision and guidance, around a 3-year roadmap, while directing day-to-day execution towards that vision.
• Serve as a voice to (and for) the independent creative community both internally and externally.
• Expand ACX to new countries with a focus on the creation of culturally relevant local content.
• Innovate and establish opportunities to expand beyond audiobooks into new formats, and expand the toolset of services to include marketing and demand-gen capabilities.
• Continually monitor content creation policies and processes to ensure the ultimate listening product is appropriate for customers.
• Oversee the daily business activity of ACX, while you improve the overall business function, manage budgets, develop strategic plans, create and amend policies, while communicating and managing execution of business goals with the team.
• 10+ years work experience as a GM or Product Manager, 5+ years leading a team.
• Experience building revenue-generating products that engage millions of users.
• Bachelors degree.
• The ability to lead complex teams and products through launch while handling an incredible number of moving pieces.
• Proven experience in leading and revolutionizing high-growth, technology-driven businesses in the content and creative space.
• Passion for audio content and creative talent.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills; the ability to manage with a broad set of internal and external stakeholders, including leadership at all levels.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Team player with the ability to work effectively in high-energy, rapidly evolving organization..
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top