As a Hardware Engineer, you will be a core member of the Ring Taipei development team. Ideal candidate would be passionate about building IOT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge.
• Need to work with the product board design owner to provide the best design of the AC to DC circuit, on board DC to DC power tree and design of the power efficiency, sequence and transient response and stability of power circuity under the system operation range and stress condition with margin.
• Need to work with the battery team to selected the right battery cell/pack base on the application capacity requirement and battery life time requirement.
• Can come out the battery charge criterion a as well as firmware team to comes out the battery charging algorithm and charging constrained condition and work with firmware team to implement it in the firmware code.
• This role is expected to work with close function team and multiple projects as well. And it is expected to build up the power design validation process and standard for Ring projects to apply on all CMs who work with Ring to implement and manufacture Ring product
• BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 7+ years of hardware development experience in system level design, board design, and component designs.
• Ability to root cause hardware issues.
• Master's degree of Electrical Engineering or related field
• Strong expertise in motherboard design, PCB design including schematic capture, stackup and circuit board layout.
• Experience building high volume consumer products.
• Experience in component selection and understanding of component reliability.
• Expertise in low power design and battery technologies.
• Experience in AC/DC transformer design
• Experience in the solar panel and battery pack customization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with project management of technical projects a plus.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as theNeighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.