Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team .
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system Amazon Scout designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
Amazon is seeking a talented and motivated Hardware Systems Manager to lead a team of Systems Engineer from concept to production across a broad array of technologies and volumes. Must possess good communication skills, enjoy problem solving and collaborate closely with teams across the organization.
• Provide guidance and management to direct applied research towards achieving proof-of-concept prototypes and demonstration of viability.
• Interface with business leaders and provide direction and guidance for technology road maps and presenting technical results to internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead system-level definition, development, implementation, integration, and launch of complex multi-disciplinary platform to address the problem for Amazon and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Collaborate with users and other stakeholders to formalize their needs and maintain formal systems for translating and maintaining the corresponding requirements.
• Lead system architecture by managing requirements and partitioning of systems. Partition systems into subsystems. Formally translate and manage requirements and functionality among subsystems.
• Manage the integration and verification of subsystems in accordance with program requirements and design. Own the validation of the system against customer requirements.
• Develop key strategic industrial relationships with potential partners, vendors, and licensees and lead the market outreach that generates feedback to guide the technology development.
• Proactively determine and manage other sources of systems requirements (e.g. regulatory standards, risk management processes, relevant industry standards, and business requirements) throughout the system , engaging subsystem teams as needed.
• Define and manage the technical interfaces between platforms components for current and future development.
• Manage and raise critical issues to resolve conflicts and minimize impact to program (cost, time, reliability and availability, financial performance).
• Lead a team to specify, develop and build prototypes, as well as perform deterministic and stochastic analysis and modeling at the system and level.
• MS/PhD in EE, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 10 + years of experience in hardware system design, 3+ years of management experience
• 3+ years of experience related to systems architecture, design, and system integration of mechatronic devices; including advanced systems such as unmanned systems, mechatronics, and sensors
• Significant experience with the hardware development process;
• Demonstrated ability to develop deep understanding of the business and end user needs quickly, and can proficiently translate those needs into the right technology solution;
• Experience with the ROS software package, Modeling and/or FEA;
• Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and approaches;
• Familiarity with using and the capabilities of rapid prototyping equipment (CNC, 3D printing, waterjet, laser cutter,...);
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us