Hardware System Test Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Ring is looking for a Software Test Engineer based in Taipei.
As a Software test engineer you will work closely with other software, hardware, operations and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
• Design and develop testing systems for continuous deployment
• Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
• Write code for hardware-in-the loop tests
• Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs on robotic hardware through resolution
• Integrate with 3D game-engine based robotic simulation systems for rapid evaluation of software performance
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
• Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
• 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Experience developing automation in at least one OO language - C#/C++, Python
• Experienced in Linux and web test automation
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Experience building software test and deployment automation frameworks from scratch.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience building and designing test cases
• Experience testing the kernel, kernel subsystems, and user space applications
• Experience with open source test tools, make files and build scripts
• API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
• Experience with robotics a plus.
• Master's degree preferred
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Back to top