Hardware QA Engineer
Amazon's Worldwide Operations org is starting a new autonomous robot program. This new program requires solving hard problems and inventing for almost every aspect of this wide-open effort. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment.
The Hardware QA Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working with design and process engineering to develop test programs, test methods and test plans to verify designs and qualify manufacturing processes.
- Participating in design failure mode analysis to help identify high risk areas for test.
- Participating in overall risk analysis to help determine the correct priority order for test execution.
- Writing test plans and executing these plans or ensuring that they get executed in a timely manner.
- Working to improve the overall test and metrology capability of the organization.
- Design, build, and maintain automated test equipment for reliability testing
- Help develop, build, and maintain prototypes for proof of concept testing
- Analyzing test results and author design verification test reports.
- BS/MS – Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering
- Experience working in new product introduction in medium to high volume products
- Experience testing
- Experience writing efficient, detailed and precise test methods that verify product requirements and participating in the refinement of these requirements as necessary
- Highly analytical with experience in multiple test methods including statistical methods such as statistical Design of Experiments (Taguchi methods)
- Deep understanding of statistical methods and the ability to develop appropriately powered experiments using these methods
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Ability to read an electrical schematic and understand its function
- Experience with reliability analysis and measurement
- Experience with LabVIEW or other programming language or scripting such as C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.
- Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute test plans as required
- Ability to work with test technicians and coach more junior team members
- Demonstrated experience in new product introduction and development of verification test methods and documentation of test results
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and building strong cross functional relationships
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top