Hardware Integration Engineer - Advanced Technologies
- Vercelli, Italy
Amazon is seeking an experienced and technology oriented Hardware Integration Engineer, Advanced Technology, to drive innovation and develop breakthrough technologies within the EU Team of Advanced Technology. Successful candidates will have strong experience in technology development and testing in the mechatronics area and be highly motivated individuals who have several years of experience in development and testing of mechanical and mechatronics equipment.
The HW Integration Engineer:
• leads the preparation and execution of on-site activities for new technologies under development
• runs on-site testing, gathers learning from the field, support the technology development by providing feedback to the development team, and implements changes to improve the system and/or correct failures.
• debugs and resolves problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• understands the fundamental electrical and mechanical constraints
• consistently follows engineering best practices and where possible drives their adoption.
• demonstrates a pragmatic and hands-on mindset, to get problems fixed in the ground.
• demonstrates a Think Big mindset and has a high travel flexibility, to lead testing activities across all European Sites
The role will understand the details of an Amazon Fulfillment Center design, implementation, modeling, equipment and technology. This individual will lead a x-functional project team and provide technical direction during the machine testing activities to develop conceptual design, performance specifications and development of scale-up testing activities to operational readiness. This leader will work in strict collaboration with WW Engineering, EU Engineering, Equipment Vendors, Software Developers and Procurement. The Senior Hardware Application Engineer will drive an invent and simplify strategy, will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the innovations and initiatives. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
Work with internal Amazon teams and external vendors to deliver innovations, technology development and CAPEX projects to win business:
• Lead overall end-to-end equipment technology development to move through ideation, development, conceptual design, detail design, testing and on-site implementation.
• Have proven experience to develop and test mechanical robotics logistics packing equipment working with equipment suppliers, laboratories and manufacturing plants. Specific focus on the testing phase.
• Conduct multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables.
• Lead technical design reviews and propose design solutions for robotics, autonomous vehicles, auto-packing, material handling and storage solutions that meet both business needs and leverage global design standardization.
• Lead and influence x-functional teams of technology oriented Engineers and Engineering Contractors.
• Create, submit and develop design management systems including layouts, Reliability Engineering, Flow Diagram, Process Path and Controls Strategy.
• Deep dive on technical details and lead problem resolution on a need basis.
• Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
• Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
• Work in close collaboration with World Wide Engineering and Global Robotics, working across multiple time zones.
• Coordinate information between various teams in the organization and work very closely with the Ops Engineering, Real Estate, IT and Operations.
• Lead Value Engineering work to minimize CAPEX spending.
• Ability to understand Operational processes and hands-on experience.
• University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering (or science/technology).
• Proven technical leadership experience in development, testing and implementation of large scale, complex technology projects.
• Flexibility to travel up to 80% across Europe.
• Experience in using Modeling, Project Management, CAD and Software programming tools.
• Working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and software for technical document writing such as Visio, Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint.
• Fluency in English required. A plus is speaking other EU languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top