Hardware Engineering - Fleet Quality
The AWS Hardware Engineering team creates server designs for Amazon's innovative web services. Our designs are industry-leading in frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and the more than one million customers who use AWS today. Our Hardware Engineers solve challenging technology problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative self-starter. You will work with engineers across the company as well as external companies and lead triage and investigation efforts pertaining to hardware issues that arise. You will use your broad experience of gathering appropriate data points to determine if issues are systemic or unique occurrences. This role will require generating data analysis from various sources and providing guidance to remediation efforts. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud computing technology, come help us make history!
What you will do: You will be the focal point resource on the team that will be responsible for managing the communication of trends and concerns to customers and working with the data team to improve and create predictive views into issues before the exposure becomes critical.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customizations that will directly benefit customers.
Why you will love it: You will work with engineers across the company to build next-generation devices and means to measure and monitor the health of our customers. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
- BS degree or higher in EE, CE or CS
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- 5+ years developing metrics and dashboards to drive operational excellence.
- 5+ years of support experience or IT management involving triaging of problems and gathering data to perform trend analysis.
- Experience with modern storage and compute technologies specifically with management and monitoring solutions both in-band and out-of-band.
- Experience in working across multiple data sources and providing insights to drive action and continuous improvement.
- Experience developing Quality metrics and methods and using data to drive change.
- Linux System Administration with prior background managing large scale systems.
- Python and Shell Scripting to parse large sets of data.
- Results oriented and can quantify prior work done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top