Hardware Engineer - Platform
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company … Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a platform hardware engineer you will specify, design, bring-up, test, and support a variety of different hardware platforms. You will work for a group working on multiple mobile computing platforms.
- Work with vendors on developing off-the-shelf and custom/semi-custom ASICs and SoCs for use.
- Design reference hardware for the product execution teams.
- Work with the software team to bring up drivers and applications on new hardware.
- Work with the product execution teams to debug difficult issues.
- Meet with vendors to stay informed about new technologies.
- Perform schematic design and work with the CAD team on PCB layout.
- Assist in board bring-up and work extensively with the software team, especially in the following areas:
- Distribute, update and maintain platform boards
- 2+ years hardware design experience as EE on consumer electronic devices.
- Experience bringing products to market.
- Experience with bring-up, debug and validation.
- Experience in low-power systems design.
- Experience with digital embedded systems and analog design.
- Experience using basic lab equipment – oscilloscopes, power supplies, DMM, DC analyzer, etc.
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Experience with MS office including excel.
- Masters Degree.
- 6+ years hardware design experience as EE on portable consumer electronic devices.
- Experience with debugging Android devices.
- Able to write low-level test utilities/scripts over UART, JTAG or other debug interfaces.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an
Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top