Hardware Development Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Hardware Validation Manager, you will manage a team of Hardware validation engineers and will be responsible for creation of test plans, procedures and methodologies to guarantee proactive validation of device hardware per product specification and on time. You will be working closely with our ODMs/CMs to ensure all hardware testing is done according to Lab126 test plans and in compliance with industry standards and practices. In this role you will:
- Collaborate with internal and external HW, SW and SI teams including silicon vendors, to help define detailed HW validation plans covering all aspects of the system
- Be responsible to track factory and field data for failure and defect analysis and proactively modify test plans and strategies accordingly in order to identify and prevent system issues in the future developments
- Be able to strive in a fast paced start-up like environment
- Be highly motivated and detailed oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities
- MSEE with at least 8 year experience or BSEE with at least 10 years of experience in hardware validation
- Hands on experience in test and debug for high-speed interfaces such as USB, Mipi, PCIe and other serial and parallel interfaces is required
- Experience in circuit design
- Validation experience with multiple technologies including power, digital, analog, wireless and display subsystems
- Strong understanding of high speed design and noise suppression techniques
- Hands on experience with signal integrity waveform analyzers, measurement equipment and protocol analyzer
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to manage and collaborate with various cross-functional team members
- Scripting skills in one or more scripting/programing languages
- Experience in working with ODM/CMs
- Strong communication and documentation skills including management with minimal supervision
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top