Hardware Development Engineer - 2021
- Santa Clara, CA
NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all Hardware Development Engineer and related Engineer roles at all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Redmond, WA.
Every day across the world we develop the ideas, services and products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers, and make good things happen faster. From providing Earth's Biggest Selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices that change entire industries. Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. As an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics like the Kindle family of products and hardware. We have worked to produce innovative devices like our best-selling e-readers, tablets, Fire TV, drones, robots and other hardware. Come build the future with us.
As a hardware engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As part of a project team you will work alongside Senior Electrical Engineers; supporting the design, debug, validation and optimization of the products. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds gaining experience with high volume manufacturing. Some positions may require international travel.
In this role, you will:
• Perform schematic design
• Validate hardware and debug issues
• Develop automated test tools (labview, HPVEE)
• Travel to support engineering builds
• Currently enrolled in or received a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields (or graduated less than 6 months ago)
• Experience with hardware/software integration and real time systems
• Analog and digital skills with embedded systems experience
• Knowledge of schematic design and debug skills
• Strong Mathematical, Statistical, and/or Physics fundamentals
• Experience designing hardware systems and/or products
• Experience with analog, digital, and high-speed circuit design
• Knowledge of engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification and livesite operations
• Experience in communicating with customers, technical, regulatory, business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top