Hardware Design Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Dash. What will you help us create?
The Hardware Design Engineer will be responsible for the development of electrical/hardware systems. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to drive mechanical and RF design with ODM partners as well. He or she will create detailed test plans and drive execution of these plans through all phases of product development. In this role, you will:
- Execute EE development of consumer products
- Generate schematics & guide layout and cross-functional integration with manufacturers and silicon partners
- Create detailed test plans: signal integrity, RF, battery, power, audio and sensors, execute test plans
- Fill in gaps for other disciplines when needed (PD, reliability, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in EE or related field
- 3+ years of hardware design experience as EE on portable consumer electronic devices, embedded or IOT products
- Experience with OrCAD, schematic capture and PCB layout
- This position may require travel 20% internationally
- Master's degree in EE/CS/ECS or related technical field or equivalent
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top