GTMS Sales Operations Lead
- Austin, TX
For more than 14 years, Amazon Web Services, AWS has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 200 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-to power their infrastructure. Within the AWS WWCO Commercial Sales organization, the Specialized Sales Operations Support team is responsible for supporting Leadership, Sales, and Operational teams in achieving organizational objectives and driving continuous improvements in field productivity. We drive effectiveness, predictability, and deliver a "run the business" cadence that allows for the field to serve customers in the way customers want to be served
AWS Sales is looking for a Specialized Sales Operations Lead to work with the Worldwide Specialized Sales teams, APAC, EMEA, US, and Japan to continuously evolve forecasting models, analyze historic results, and make business recommendations to senior management based on those analyses - all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. This will include working with the Specialized Sales leadership teams, to develop, implement and manage the business processes, systems, reports and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities:
Act as a trusted advisor to Specialized Sales leaders, leveraging data and analyses to land business insights, develop GTM strategies, and scale the business
Drive incubation and growth for some of the newest and most innovate offerings in the AWS portfolio. Including driving improvements to the reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data to their customers
Manage the administration and execution of the team's targets, including segmentation of business goals, measurement of goal attainment, evolving and driving various demand generation campaigns and proposing improvements to the business to increase its effectiveness in driving desired results
Manage the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics
Work directly with the models/data. Work with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them
Advocate for their customers to other internal parties. Active collaboration with leadership in AWS Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Business Development, Finance, Marketing, Recruiting, and Compensation will be crucial to the effective execution of the responsibilities
Drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems
Project-manage multiple workflows and communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbal, in a clear and easy-to-understand way
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 + years experience in Sales Operations
• 8+ years progressive experience
• Experience with Excel
• Experience with SQL
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in a leadership role in Sales Operations, Sales Strategy, Finance, Business Development, or other related fields
• Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
• Experience leading the development of department strategy
• Deep experience in prioritization of deliverables and tasks
• Proven experience with the development and implementation of systems/tools utilized for CRM, variable compensation, revenue reporting, forecasting, sales force automation, etc.
• Strong business-process design experience
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
This position is virtual and can be located anywhere in the continental United States.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $107,000/year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top