Our team needs a highly skilled, detail-oriented, incredibly organized, and enthusiastic global leader to direct VMC on AWS sales GTM for new products and expanded customer solutions.
The VMC on AWS team is responsible for sales, alliances and evangelism for the partnership between AWS and VMW.
Product and Solutions Manager Focuses on advancing the AWS' vision by optimizing strategies and operating models to maximize value and accelerate profitable growth. It is important that our team represents sales when it comes emerging products, new offerings, pricing, as well as competition. It is also important to create repositories of use cases to find repeatable solutions that can marketed both internally and externally. We will work cross functionally with Marketing, Service Teams, alliances, VMware, etc to develop the appropriate messaging for our sellers, partners, and customers.
• Work cross functionally to drive change initiatives within our flywheel teams; Sales, Marketing and Customer Success, along with other parts of the business; Finance, Products, and more
• Run monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews that tackle the largest opportunities for the Sales and flywheel organizations.
• Train and advance Strategy team: Advise and coach all levels of sales operations and sales enablement personnel to provide thorough and manageable project plans for each solution
• Analyze historical and forward-looking performance to make strategic business recommendations to drive recurring revenue growth, expansion opportunities, and strategic planning & initiatives
• Influence long-term strategic planning for sales while assisting with cross-team planning efforts, acting as a knowledgeable authority looking for ways to support project oversight.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should be detail oriented, have incredibly high bias for action, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience and contributing to a team goal.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 5+ years leading complex business development, sales or operations initiatives.
• Experience working in IT, optimally with the use of cloud based solutions
• 3+ years experience with scheduling, coordinating resources and operational management.
• Sales and channel experience
• Experience negotiating agreements with partners and/or service providers.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with technical and business audiences
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• A proven track record of being detail-oriented with extremely strong organization skills and a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
• Demonstrated ability to work across cross functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions.
• Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Seattle, Tempe)