Group Manager, CXQO
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkoutyou just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Check it out at amazon.com/go.
We are looking for a Group Manager to come join our team. In this role, you will be a member of a team supporting Amazon Go CX. Please note: this team is not customer-facing.
Experience managing associates through Team managers is required. You should be comfortable exercising judgement and making decisions in an ambiguous environment. Developing positive working relationships and utilizing strong influencing skills across multiple stakeholders will be key to success in the role. You will need a keen eye for numbers and should excel at running operations of an ops team efficiently. Technical issues shouldn't faze you. You must be comfortable operating all of the systems, tools and devices used on your team. You will remove roadblocks for your team by guiding them on what issues should be escalated to support teams and what they can solve on their own. You have a demonstrated history of thinking on your feet and identifying efficient short-term fixes while looking into a longer term solution.
You lead by example and are a role model when it comes to insisting on the highest standards and maintaining an atmosphere of respect for customers. No task is beneath you. You fully live the Amazon Leadership Principles and are passionate about helping your team do the same. You have a high bar for quality and hold your team to the same standards.
• Manage the local support operation. Includes, managing a team of Associates and Team Managers
• Perform regular 1:1's with each of your Associates and/or Team Managers; promptly addressing any performance, conduct, or attendance concerns.
• Partner with each of your associates/managers to form development plans that help them discover and achieve their career goals.
• Operate as an authority and point of contact for emerging operational issues and associate concerns
• Daily coordination of department duties, allocating team resources to handle task load, leading meetings, assigning tasks, coordinating breaks and lunches, and communicating with internal and external partners.
• Drive continuous improvement in primary KPIs for your team by supporting the continuous improvement cycle
• Communicate and maintain vision, Leadership Principles and culture with the team
• Written and verbal communication up to Sr. leadership level.
• Ensure successful site execution through tracking, reporting and feedback of emerging issues and associate performance and coordinating the response to various escalations.
• Use established processes to identify individual performance gaps and coach associates to meet and exceed expectations.
• Participate in process and quality improvement initiatives.
• 5+ years people management experience preferably in an operations environment, 2+ years managing managers.
• A Bachelor's Degree from a reputed university or 2+ years at Amazon in a management role
• Be willing and able to work flexible schedules and shifts (including night shifts)
• Ability to travel occasionally, including overnight trips.
• Have a track record for being self-motivated and demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects to completion.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain composure is critical for success.
• Experience communicating with and presenting information to internal and external customers, including senior leaders.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Back to top