Our team is responsible for Amazon's connectivity to deliver billions of shipments each year. We design and develop models to shape our network design. We optimize the way we model supply chain to scale decision making through automated processes.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to drive strategic initiatives end to end developing the data architecture components that scale to the ever-evolving needs of our transportation models. You will work directly with stakeholders and technical partners to design and implement cutting edge data solutions that provide actionable insights to the business. You will design and implement code pipelines, working with a wide range of data and AWS technologies (e.g. EMR, Lambda, ECS, Quicksight, Neptune). You will stay abreast of emerging technologies, investigating and implementing where appropriate. The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modelling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideation and working from concept through to execution. This role will also build optimization algorithms to process outputs and support structures needed to analyze data. From a business perspective, you will find optimization opportunities and design the solutions to make them a reality. You will align and influence the teams impacted by them and measure their impact.
Key role and responsibilities:
• Solve challenging problems around big data processing, data warehouse design, and enabling automation or self-service
• Move optimization algorithms and automation logics from design to production environments
• Design full data pipelines using AWS infrastructure and guaranteeing scalability and robustness
• Develop code agilely and work in a fast-paced DevOps environment with code review
• Continuously improve ongoing reporting and analytical processes, automating and simplifying for customers
• Be able to dive deep raw data from different sources understanding how they are linked and extracting conclusions
• Find opportunities for optimization by challenging current status quo while prioritizing business needs
• Develop analytics to find opportunities to maximize our KPIs
• Influence, involve and align different stakeholders
• High intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new technological concepts/frameworks to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
• Possess strong verbal and written communications to drive stakeholder understanding and alignment
. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math or other technical field
• 3+ years of experience in the field
• Advanced Python
• Experience in cloud environments (AWS, Azure...)
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team
• Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization.
The preferred qualifications for a Data Engineer role in the Global Transportation Services business, for this particular team would be:
• Knowledge and experience in Java
• Knowledge and experience in Spark
• Knowledge and experience in ML