Global Solutions Product Manager
Our Global Public Sector customers are changing the way services are developed and delivered through secure, durable, and scalable services operating on Amazon Web Services. The AWS Public Sector Global Team is looking for technology leaders with background and experience working with public sector customers to identify strategic line-of-business solution requirements, reuse opportunities, and lessons learned. Building on these customer insights your objective will be to capture and share public sector solution designs, architectures, build plans and, in some cases, fully functional integrated solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in global public sector business development including vertical market campaigns, technical product management, sales team education, customer facilitation, partner management, and proposal writing. Using this experience you will bring together AWS public sector customers and partners to form solution ecosystems focused on specific industries such as transportation, financial regulatory, public safety, law enforcement, transportation services and infrastructure management, health and human services, disaster and emergency management, etc.
Candidates will be asked to describe how they pursue or build a market or opportunity solution from developing an understanding of the problems customers are facing, deriving requirements, designing technical solutions to solve those problems, developing value propositions for the solution to identifying win themes for customer engagement, developing complete solution stories, and delivering these packages to management and sales teams to win new business. Specific past performance examples will be explored in the interview process. Ideal candidates must demonstrate how they work efficiently and effectively to build trust with government mission customers and partners, and internal sales teams alike.
Candidates will be expected to describe the mechanisms they have employed to measure their performance against product/market expansion goals, lead generation, how they work with sales account teams to establish and drive market growth campaigns in the field, and their past performance performing market analysis to determine market growth potential, predicting free cash flow timelines and return on investment performance based on objective data driven analysis. Ideal candidates will describe demonstrated past performance developing technical proposals, product definitions, product launch plans, and/or leading technical product development teams.
Global Solutions Product Managers will work with international AWS account teams, marketing teams, customers, and partners. This requires a global perspective in the approach taken to defining, contextualizing, prioritizing, and delivering solution packages. The position requires limited global travel. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience working across diverse global customer communities or a willingness and aptitude for doing so going forward.
- Capture customer experiences in the form of problems faced, approach to developing solutions, and resulting features, benefits and functions.
- Derive inspiring product visions from identified customer needs.
- Promote product roadmap working with customers and partners to meet the defined vision.
- Identify market opportunities and technology trends that drive innovative and differentiated product strategies.
- Identify and measure product and business metrics to increase adoption and understand customers' ongoing needs.
- Develop addressable market forecasts within a specific vertical industry market (e.g. global disaster and emergency management solutions).
- Apply technical business development experience to incorporate technical requirements into well-architected public sector solution packages in compliance with applicable regulatory and security standards.
Facilitate the effective structuring and packaging of account-led deals based on established stakeholder trust, quantifiable customer value, and technical understanding of the solution's operating requirements.
For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology management, management information systems, systems or software product engineering, or related technical degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of demonstrated industry experience as an information technology product(s) manager, product(s) pre-sales, or product(s) implementation.
- Minimum 5 years of writing experience focused on communicating complex IT concepts, value propositions, product definition and customer use cases in a manner easily understood by non-technical stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience defining product roadmaps based on both abstract and detailed customer requirements, use cases, market analysis, and industry trends.
- Must be willing to travel globally at most once every other month for periods of one to two weeks, or less, to meet with AWS partners, customers and account teams.
- Masters Degree in information technology management, management information systems, systems or software product engineering, or related technical degree.
- Experience in contextualizing and/or promoting solution re-use across geographies, ideally globally.
- Experience working as a solution architect, systems engineer, or technology officer in an established public sector system integrator responsible for bringing together independent component technologies to build a complete integrated solution.
- Experience designing/implementing within a security compliance framework(s).
- Experience designing production solutions architected for multi-tenant platform-as-a-service cloud computing environments, AWS preferably.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top