Global Solutions Architecture Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical manager to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing solutions architects. In this role, you will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with Global System Integrator (GSI) Partner Development Managers, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience managing a team of technical solutions architects working for a global systems integrator, a large IT consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. In this role, you will need to be technically capable and effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team, provide thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology to consider the value technology creates for our customers, and help change how technology is viewed. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services.
• Technical leader and trusted advisor in the area of cloud computing for our GSI partners
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• Coach solutions architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to GSIs who are considering or currently using AWS
• Assist our GSIs in building an AWS center of excellence within their organization, enabling them to offer and deliver AWS based solutions to our joint customers
• Assist GSIs to earn the trust of customers by delivering multi-day technical workshops, lead white boarding sessions, executing on Proof of Concepts, and contributing to the construction of performant, scalable, secure, and highly available AWS solutions
• Demonstrate a bias for action and deep technical skills by authoring joint technical whitepapers with GSIs, technical case studies, and enterprise focused blog posts
• Exhibit a combination of management skills, technical vision and acumen, creativity, and deep AWS technical skills by jointly designing and developing industry and vertical solutions
• Assist partners in defining the approach, tools, and end state architecture as they migrate customers to AWS
• Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
Strong preference for this position to be located in a regional office located on the U.S. West Coast but open to other AWS regional office locations in the United States. Relocation assistance offered from within the US.
Up to 25% travel required.
• Bachelor degree in a technical discipline
• 10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience
• 7+ years of experience in a senior technical leader position within the technical sales space
• 3+ years of experience leading and developing other leaders
• Enterprise solution selling experience
• Experience working with/for Global Systems Integrators (GSIs) and knowing the market landscape
• Experience presenting to executive audiences to include formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations
• Experience working across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners
• International consulting and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software
• Cloud and/or AWS experience or AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level or above
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including Oracle, SAP, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications
• MS level degree, computer science, business or math background
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 annually. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top