Global Solutions Architect
- Dallas, TX
Come change the way the world builds cloud architecture!
The Global Accounts Solution Architect (SA) team builds and manages cloud architectures for multinational Fortune 200 organizations to accelerate cloud adoption and fuel transformative business initiatives. Our customers are interested in leveraging AWS to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and expand globally.
On the Global Accounts team, you will get to build highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures. As an SA, you will help organizations adopt advanced cloud-based solutions and migrate existing on premise workloads to the cloud. We span a variety of industries including Life Science, Consumer Packaged Goods, Media & Entertainment, Manufacturing & Industrials and Automotive.
This is a "hands on" position, perfect for those passionate about cloud technology and driving architecture visions for our customers. You will be responsible for a broad range of responsibilities including; building customer confidence to use AWS through strategic conversations, leading workshops and reducing unnecessary utilization costs. Unique to Global Accounts, our SAs typically align to a single customer, enabling you to build relationships and continuity. This is not a sales-centric or quota carrying role.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most weeks, our entire team is supporting our customers virtually or onsite. While many of us work from an AWS office, others work from home. We are not currently traveling for internal or customer meetings, but we anticipate returning to in-person meetings later this Summer, with 20-30% domestic travel. The third Friday of each month is "Flexible Friday" intended to avoid internal meetings in the afternoon to catch up on your work or take a break.
Our Global Solutions Architects are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures' and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior Solution Architects truly enjoy mentoring more junior Solution Architects from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded Solution Architect and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. When SAs join our organization, we invest 3 months of formal training to acclimate with AWS and gain depth in your industry vertical. Our SAs are thought leaders and are encouraged to participate and hold leadership positions within their dedicated industry.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Not only do we get to build really cool solutions, but we get to do this in an environment that is inclusive and welcoming. Our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity team offers a variety of programs to support our builders ID&E journeys.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
How To Start
The first step in the interview process is an online assessment which doesn't require preparation and can be completed at your convenience. We are a culture on innovation with this assessment being one example. We survey all candidates after the assessment, and 98.5% shared positive feedback. Most candidates, if not all find it interesting, and rate their experience positively!
Travel: Ideally open to some domestic travel once safe to do so to successfully support the customer.
• 10+ years design & implementation experience with large distributed applications
• 7+ years of experience in core disciplines (E.g. compute, networking, storage, security, database architecture)
• Technical degree required; Computer Science, Engineering, equivalent field of study, or 12+ years of related work experience
• Significant design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• History of successful technical consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
All job postings and advertisements in the US must include this Amazon EEO tagline:
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top