Global Segment Lead - Storage
- New York, NY
Global Segment Lead, Storage
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced candidate to build, own, and manage the strategic plan and competency program for our partners focused on the Storage segment. Global Segment owners at AWS are responsible for the overall partner strategy for each segment, which include aligning go to market plans with our top consulting and technology partners along with supporting programs that are focused on driving demand in the segment.
As a senior leader on the global segment team, you will have the opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of AWS by owning the partner strategy and execution of our Storage segment. This role has a global responsibility and will work closely with AWS product teams, partner development managers, solution architects, professional services, and our sales teams. AWS customers are developing some of the most exciting and innovative new businesses and the Amazon Partner Network (APN) ecosystem is helping to dramatically accelerate innovation on the AWS Cloud.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in Storage along with strong business development, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills. She/he should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and technical challenges to help build and convey compelling value propositions for AWS customers with our partners. The candidate should also have a proven track record of influencing innovation through a partner ecosystem with prior solution and program successes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Be the subject-matter expert (SME) for the Storage segment including a knowledge of the top ecosystem partners that make up the ecosystem.
• Own the strategic plan for each market segment, which includes aligning with partner development managers who manage our top AWS technology and consulting partners focused on Storage maximizing influenced revenue driven with and through APN partners.
• Work with partner development managers, build C-level relationships with our top partners and generate interest in new AWS programs focused on Storage.
• Represent the AWS partner strategy for Storage to our internal and external stakeholders including the AWS sales teams as well as media coverage and industry events focused on the segment.
• Help prioritize AWS investment in partners who focus on the Storage market segment to drive incremental results for both AWS and select partners.
• Execute go-to-market and routes-to-market plans that have clear and measurable ROI.
• Define and own the requirements and benefits of the Amazon Partner Network (APN) Storage Competency Program.
• Work with cross functional groups including training and solutions architecture to build enablement programs that allow strategic partners to develop capabilities and achieve proficiency.
• Work collaboratively inside of AWS to drive new solutions to market with our product management, solution architect, and professional service teams.
• Work collaboratively with AWS consulting partners to create solutions that combine our top technology partners with packaged implementation services.
• Prepare and give business reviews to AWS senior leaders.
• Effectively team with PR, marketing, legal, and support.
• Identify strategic partners that AWS may want to recruit into the Storage segment which could include leading startups, consulting companies, and established technology vendors.
• 10+ years of sales or business development experience in the software/technology industry.
• Experience in the Storage space working with partners to deliver industry-specific solutions.
• Consistently exceeds key performance metrics with hands on experience working with Fortune 500 companies.
• Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Possess technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
• Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique joint value propositions and integrated solutions within AWS and across partner organizations.
• Knowledge of different industry offerings and technologies and in-depth understanding of the Storage market.
• Prior knowledge of AWS and infrastructure technologies, services, and standards.
• Computer Science background.
• Experience working for either a startup or a larger corporation on Storage projects or services.
• Ability to create and execute joint solution and GTM strategies and tactical plans.
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives
• Ability to take on a greenfield partner and jointly deliver a get-to-market strategy
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records."
Back to top