Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced product compliance leader to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses. AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based services including compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, deep Machine learning, robotics, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. This is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world's fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. This position will report directly to the Director of Global Trade and Product Compliance (GPTC) for AWS in Seattle.
The lead for product compliance programs will architect, build, and drive the compliance program needed to help AWS operations scale and grow around the world. This role will work closely with the Product Compliance Engineering, Export, and Customs teams to ensure that data center equipment developed and procured for use by AWS satisfies compliance requirements throughout AWS' global footprint, as well as addressing compliance for hardware products developed for distribution to AWS customers. This role includes building and managing a rapidly growing team with strong regulatory expertise globally on issues including electrical and mechanical product safety, EMC, and wireless certification, environmental product regulations, and consumer product safety regulations, developing global compliance programs (e.g., for RoHS and WEEE), managing process to conduct due diligence and implementation for expansion of AWS infrastructure into new countries, driving engagement with AWS suppliers on compliance requirements, best practices, and establishing a program for regulatory monitoring and policy engagement, running the tactical operations of the team, and integrating product compliance processes into a data-driven streamlined process.
The leader will need to effectively build executive and team relationships and work directly with AWS Legal, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Product Development, Engineering, and a variety of other internal global teams and external stakeholders to drive compliance across AWS businesses.
• Build, lead, and manage AWS' product compliance operations program, including developing processes and procedures.
• Develop and manage processes to facilitate expansion of AWS infrastructure into new countries, including processes and programs for efficiently conducting due diligence, advising the business on strategic issues, and driving implementation of any product requirements to enable importation of needed equipment.
• Establish a regulatory monitoring program to track the development of product-related laws and regulations in countries
• Establish a regulatory monitoring program to track the development of product-related laws and regulations in countries where AWS operates, investigate impacts, and advise business on new regulatory requirements, lead policy engagement to address proposed regulations.
• Build program to manage relationships with AWS equipment suppliers to ensure compliance with product requirements, including developing compliance specifications, requirements, and best practices, integrating compliance with new vendor onboarding processes, and implementing a supplier compliance audit program.
• Engage with business stakeholders to ensure compliance with product regulations.
• Build a team of regulatory subject matter experts to advise GTPC's Compliance Engineering team, and other internal business teams, on product compliance regulations.
• Interact directly with senior business leaders to advise on compliance matters and manage escalations.
• 10+ years' experience developing, implementing, and managing physical (hardware) product compliance programs in a corporate setting.
• Strong hands-on knowledge of major product compliance regulatory frameworks across a global scope (e.g., safety certification, EMC and wireless certification, WEEE, RoHS/REACH, Prop 65, product energy efficiency regulations, CE marking, Conflict minerals and supply chain regulations, consumer product safety, children's products, and medical devices).
• 5+ years' experience as a people manager, leading teams responsible for implementing product compliance programs in a corporate setting.
• Proven track-record of role modeling collaborative teamwork environment.
• 15+ years' experience managing product compliance programs, including experience as the senior leader of a product compliance within a company.
• Experience with data center equipment and consumer electronics products.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to prepare clear and decisive summaries and recommendations for senior business leaders.
• Demonstrated ability to build a strong product compliance programs team.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us