Global Procurement Program Manager (Project Manager)
Amazon is seeking a Procurement Program Manager for the Global Corporate Procurement Team in our Finance Business Services organization. This position is responsible for enabling procurement of goods and services for Amazon employees worldwide. Successful candidates will be creative, detail driven, outgoing and have excellent problem solving and program management abilities.
Collaborate with project teams to deliver high quality results with the most efficient use of resources and technology (using Coupa and Amazon Business platforms). Work with PMs and stakeholders to define requirements, assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs vs technical constraints, and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Be detail driven and have excellent organizational and problem solving abilities. Be passionate about delivering on-time solutions, and obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performing teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
- Launch procurement projects (meet customer needs on time, accurately, and achieving controllership).
- Interact and build robust relationships with Project Managers and business owners.
- Foster constructive and proactive communication across organizational boundaries.
- Anticipate, create, maintain, and disseminate status roadmaps, and documentation to stakeholders.
- Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Work with business and tech teams to meet business requirements.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, Procurement or related field
- 5+ years of Program Management experience
- 5+ years of Procurement/Purchasing experience
- Understanding of large enterprise Procure-to-Pay systems
- Prior experience with high-scale or high-availability procurement systems
- Experienced utilizing Six Sigma process improvement toolset
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope requirements and prioritize tasks
- The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Results oriented person with a strong delivery focus and can work independently and collaboratively with global teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top