Global Partner Solutions Architect - Financial Services
- Palo Alto, CA
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Partner Solution Architect, Financial Services, within our Global Systems Integrators (GSI) Channels & Alliances business. As an Finserve PSA, you will have the opportunity to deliver on our strategy to accelerate adoption of AWS cloud computing services through this Global System Integrator (GSI) and their Finserve customers.
AWS partners & resellers include the largest software and systems integration companies, as well as hundreds of innovative software and services companies, who are using AWS as their cloud platform of choice. This role will focus on working with a single, strategic consulting partner to define technical solutions. They will be responsible for accelerating the cloud migration journey for enterprises in Finserve, including understanding business drivers, their current datacenter architecture, helping design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundation, and defining adoption pathways.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in software architecture, info security, compliance initiatives, software deployment and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills at all levels of a partner organization. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. The ideal candidate is an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone the partners are eager to engage with and have a strong hands-on approach.
AWS partners develop and deploy solutions for customers in the Finserve vertical (Banking, Insurance, Capital Markets) in areas such as improving customer experience, identifying risk and design controls, setting up ongoing assurance, and establish automated compliance. AWS customers are developing some of the most exciting and innovative new businesses, and partners are using cloud technologies from AWS such as AI and Machine Learning, IoT, compute and storage to dramatically accelerate innovation.
• Working with cross functional teams to create and execute a strategic technical plan, inclusive of enablement, practice development, and go-to market support on solutions that meet FinServe customer needs with measureable ROI
• Evangelizing a partner's value proposition internally throughout AWS and externally with customers
• Driving partner solutions, APN Program attainment, continuous enablement through training and certifications and go-to-market strategies for differentiation and expansion of their footprint
• Establishing AWS as the partner's preferred cloud computing platform for FinServe
• Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings
• Working alongside the AWS Partner Development Manager and AWS Partner SAs for the strategic partner to develop extensive executive and senior management relationships within partner organizations; being viewed as a "trusted advisor"
• Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful engagements with software partners worldwide
• Interface with the AWS security organization to understand areas of focus and to provide relevant feedback on compliance initiatives impacting the Financial Services community
• Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community
Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS
• Serve as a key member of the AWS partner GSI team helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy for the segment
Up to 30% travel.
• 12+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry
• 7+ years of hands on software design / development experience with knowledge of the software development lifecycle
• Technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform in conjunction with business requirements
• Ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO's) within a customer or partner organization
• Info Security or Security Engineering skills with knowledge of threat protection, crypto/PKI, and identity management
• Experience with compliance requirements of the Financial Services Industry
• Experience working with end user and/or developer communities
• Leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines
• Presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and executive audiences
• Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements that apply to cloud-based technologies
• Published or presented thought leadership on topics relevant to partners and executive decision makers on use of technology in Financial Services industry
• Technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies
• Familiarity with Software as a Service or other cloud-based technologies
• Track record of success building a consulting partner ecosystem with solutions or innovation programs
• Experience working in PCI regulated environments
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
• Knowledge of AWS services and technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top