Global Networking Engineering Manager (Inter Data Center Network)
- Dublin, Ireland
Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, performance, reliability and scale and it is critical to the success of all AWS customers.
We are looking for a high judgement leader for the teams that develop new network solutions for our hyperscale data center networks. This leader must be an expert in the latest in networking technologies and the best practices required to design and operate a software driven, fully automated and self-serviced network that operates at an unmatched global scale. The Senior Network Development
The Manager in this role will be responsible for:
• Leading the global inter data center Network Engineering and Operations teams including roadmap development, planning and execution responsibilities while providing guidance to the senior leadership team.
• Creating a vision and plan for the team to execute by targeting gaps and identifying innovation opportunities to resolve security, availability, scalability, performance, agility and cost efficiency challenges.
• responsible for the operational health of the inter data center network and delivering sustained network availability improvements.
• Working closely with customers and internal partners to drive technology roadmaps and invent new bleeding edge network solutions.
• Building a world class team by attracting and retaining industry leading talent.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators and builders at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of Cloud Computing.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/experience
• Minimum of 7+ years' experience in technology roles and 3+ years in a senior management/leadership roles
• 2+ years managing managers
• 10+ years in a technology role and 5+ years in a senior management/leadership role
• 5+ years managing managers
• Past experience running large-scale operational organizations/departments with 50+ staff
• In-depth knowledge and experience developing operational metrics
• Depth of experience creating and implementing high quality, high volume recruiting plans
• Experience presenting strategic direction to company leadership
• In-depth knowledge of Networking
• Experience in defining and implementing automation opportunities within an operational environment
• Experience in agile management methodologies
• Experience with Lean methodologies and Six-Sigma or similar qualification
Back to top