Global Network Delivery Manager
Are you a self-starter?
Do you enjoy juggling multiple time-sensitive activities?
Then come join Amazon's Operations Technology Infrastructure IT team. We are seeking a Network Delivery Manager to lead our global team in, specializing in wireless, cellular, voice and data circuit ordering, management, and delivery, to join our group of highly skilled managers. We are responsible for designing, building, and scaling Amazon's order fulfillment infrastructure in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. You will head up a team that will be in charge of hundreds of telecom circuits and devices that directly support the monthly shipment of millions of Amazon.com customer orders.
In this role, you and your team will be responsible for the entire life cycle of wireless, voice and data circuits, new and existing, needed for fulfillment operations globally. You will also directly supervise the North America team, as well as the managers for these teams in the EU and India. Organizational skills and attention to detail are imperative. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and drive circuit installation timelines will be critical to your success.
You will lead the team that is responsible for ordering and managing all data circuit orders and work closely with engineering and operations organizations to ensure circuits are correctly provisioned and maintained. As a manager of a team that acts as single point of contact for various aspects of the telecom circuit ordering and tracking process, you will resolve problems and develop relationships at all levels of the organization, including outside vendors, real estate partners and program managers within Amazon.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Serve as manager of a team that is the primary interface for wireless, cellular, data and voice circuit ordering and tracking
- Enhance existing and create new carrier relationships, partnering with them to reduce costs and streamline processes, while holding them accountable
- Develop and improve reporting on circuit ordering status and data circuit live cycle
- Drive global initiatives and standardization across all teams
- Order and track all open wireless/cellular/voice/data circuit requests and drive timely installations
- Generate and deliver consolidated status reports for IT leadership
- Record all circuit information to include location, cost, milestone dates, and circuit details
- Ensure circuit sizing, installation, and augmentation processes meet and comply with all Amazon polices and guidelines, specifically IT and internal Engineering
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts with carrier circuit installs/activations
- Audit utilization of active circuits, cancelling unused circuits
- Negotiate pricing with carriers and drive cost-saving initiatives
- Validate monthly recurring charges through invoice reconciliation
- Hire and develop a team of Telecom Project Coordinators and Financial Analysts
This position will require 30-40% travel
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 10+ years of industry experience, with 7 or more of those years as a people manager
- 5+ years managing people managers
- Procurement knowledge with an emphasis on vendor management
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of telecommunication technologies (T1, DIA, PRI, POTS, 4G, LTE)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to escalate problems for any support needed for problem resolution
- Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed support and engineering groups, and remote management of team members based in other locations
- Masters's Degree
- Knowledge of global connectivity regulations
- Lean management and continuous improvement experience
- 7+ years experience managing people managers
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top