Global Logistics Manager
Amazon is looking for an analytically minded person to join an infrastructure operations team as a Data Center Global Logistics Manager to oversee supply chain, distribution and inventory control operations. The manager will lead multiple logistics teams, supporting data center operations within and outside of the US. In this highly visible and critical role, the candidate will need the ability to define and work backwards from strategic objectives to develop executable plans that minimize risk and optimally fulfill customer needs. This person will work extensively with many Amazon teams including: infrastructure, procurement, security, finance and outside vendors. The manager will also provide technical expertise and recommendations from supply chain and logistics perspectives to data center managers. The manager will incorporate and customize Amazon leading practices and drive process improvement efforts.
The manager will be responsible for multiple support teams that are located in different locations around the globe. The person will ensure logistics and supply chain operations are in compliance with Amazon policies, e.g., safety and security protocols. Working with supported teams, the manager will monitor and control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with inventory management tools. This person will ensure logistics teams maintain inventory levels and execute distribution processes to avoid disruptions to data center operations. The manager must be proficient in sourcing, extracting and analyzing data to support logistics and operations decision making cycles.
- Oversee current logistics and supply chain activities, ensuring operations are efficient and adhere to safety policies and guidelines.
- Manage multiple logistics teams that are located in different regions within and outside of the US.
- Define and deliver regional end-to-end logistics and supply chains.
- Understand the technical requirements of supported business partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of procurement and acquisition activities.
- Work with program and finance teams to manage existing and plan future budgets.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure agreements are in compliance with existing policies.
- Explain end-to-end supply chains (e.g., inputs, outputs, rationale and gaps) and recommendations to senior management.
- Implement initiatives to reach strategic business objectives, working with key internal stakeholders to improve logistics and supply chains with the latest internal and external information.
- Develop analytical models for demand/supply forecasting based on existing supply chains.
- Employ analytical methods to extract insights from data and be able to communicate appropriate triggers and actions.
- Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to the senior management team, focused on measuring the impact and performance of existing logistics processes to drive decision making processes.
- Undergraduate degree is required
- 7+ years of program / project management experience overseeing logistics and supply chain operations
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture
- Demonstrated ability to oversee teams operating in multiple regions
- Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong understanding of distribution and warehousing practices
- Experience developing and refining logistics, supply chain and other business operational processes
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams across multiple businesses; written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work overtime and shift patterns, as required
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
- May participate in group lifts of 50 pounds or more
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- This position requires the applicant selected to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligibility and access. A US Government administered polygraph examination will be required. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.
- Knowledge of IT Industry Logistics
- Familiarity with Business Process Mapping
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top