Global Leader of WW Sales Enablement, AWS
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS was named the leader in the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) by Gartner's Magic Quadrant report for the 6th consecutive year in 2016. Innovation is in our DNA. Our approach to product development and delivery is fundamentally different than other IT vendors, which has allowed us to ensure that our customers have the broadest, deepest, and most secure platform to build transformational applications and services since 2006.
This role leads all internal sales enablement efforts for the WW Commercial Sales, WW Public Sector and China. The Sales Enablement is responsible for the continuous transformation of the AWS field mindset to help customers buy what they need, not sell them what we have. Along with training, it also includes sales coaching, onboarding, content generation, analyses, metrics, tools, technology along with the associated processes and systems. Includes just-in-time and event driven technical and sales motion learning. Sales enablement is also responsible for driving sales productivity through enhancements to onboarding, account management, and the selling motion.
- Define and develop competency models for each role that include training courses, assessments and certifications.
- Build and define learning paths for onboarding and ever-boarding training programs across audiences.
- Collaborate with sales leaders and cross-functional teams to define, prioritize and align global programs and curriculum with local priorities and training opportunities.
- Champion the training model and create and execute programs that drive adoption and increase rigor and consistency across the organization.
- Be willing to quickly learn AWS Services portfolio and credibly deliver AWS Services content in a public setting; gain feedback and work with AWS product teams to raise the bar on sales and partner facing content and relevance.
Work with Sales Operations to establish, track and measure enablement and business KPIs
- 15+ years' experience managing global sales and/or partner training team for an Enterprise technology company (preferably in cloud infrastructure and/or platform infrastructure space)
- Experience building content frameworks that drive skills and competencies at an organizational and individual level
- Strong communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to garner support for new ideas and initiatives
- Proven success scoping, designing and implementing strategic enablement programs
- Demonstrated leadership and team mentoring ability, experience managing distributed resources preferred
- Strong understanding of sales cycle and technical services model and activities
- Understands the localization process model (familiarity)
- Training curriculum (learning path) development and delivery experience is preferred
- Superb leadership skills, able to motivate and lead an evolving and innovative services business and team
- Excellent Written Communication Skills
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
- Strong track record delivering resulting on customer requirements in different cultures and across boundaries
- 15+ years of experience developing relationships in Enterprise Information Technology companies
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in STEM field
- Experience with AWS and Cloud Computing
The ideal leader has had prior sales experience, led an internal Sales Enablement and internal training team and a keen interest in developing sales people.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top