Global Expansion Manager
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications.
The AWS Infrastructure Global Expansion team is seeking a Global Expansion Manager to manage initiatives to deploy our data center infrastructure in new countries, especially focusing on working with corporate teams to set up systems and procedures for operating in the new country. This individual will help coordinate and drive a number of initiatives related to geographic expansion, including new country corporate entity strategy, legal and tax research, and local financial system setups. The ideal candidate will have strong judgment, a disposition toward continuous learning, and a passion for understanding the details.
- Lead and advise a set of cross-functional teams, including legal, tax, accounting, treasury, infrastructure, and product teams, to drive the global expansion of AWS
- Execute multiple time-sensitive, large-scale projects to meet business objectives in defined project timeframes
- Identify, drive, and develop best practices, efficiencies, and project workflows
- Communication with senior management on project status, strategy, risks, and issues
- Dive deep into issues for legal, tax, accounting, treasury, trade, and other teams working to enable launch in new countries
- BA or BS required
- Experience working with large, cross-functional teams and driving timelines
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Enthusiasm for working through topics ranging from networking operations to accounting standards
- Proficiency with project management tools
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement and developing key performance indicators
- Ability to recognize and resolve resource and schedule conflicts
- Understanding of financial systems, customer invoicing, business process workflows, and technical accounting
- Working knowledge of tax, law, and accounting
- Experience working with international teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top