Global Expansion Manager
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications.
The AWS Infrastructure Global Expansion team is seeking a Global Expansion Manager to project manage initiatives to deploy our data center infrastructure in new countries. This individual will help coordinate and drive a number of initiatives related to geographic expansion, including new country entry strategy. The ideal candidate will have strong judgment, a disposition toward continuous learning, and a passion for understanding the details.
- Collaborate with a set of cross-functional teams, to develop the infrastructure strategy for the global expansion of AWS
- Execute multiple time-sensitive, large-scale projects to meet business objectives in defined project timeframes
- Identify, drive, and develop best practices, efficiencies, and project workflows
- Communication with senior management on project status, strategy, risks, and issues
- BA or BS required
- Experience working with large, cross-functional teams and driving timelines
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Enthusiasm for diving into topics ranging from networking operations to accounting standards
- Proficiency with project management tools
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement and developing key performance indicators
- Ability to recognize and resolve resource and schedule conflicts
- MBA, or other advanced degree
- Awareness of AWS products and business model
- Financial analysis and modeling experience
- Experience working with international teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top