Global Commodity Manager, Sr.
- Taipei, Taiwan
Ring is looking for smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidates to join our operations team in Taipei.
• Collaborate with Package Design and Hardware Program management to develop commodity sourcing strategy and execute to best deliver to cost, supply, and innovation targets
• Develop a commodity roadmap aligning engineering/business requirements with supplier capabilities
• Lead the analysis of a specific commodity data and industry trends or leads an individual supply chain sub- category
• Participate as a senior member on a cross-functional team (may lead specific projects)
• Meet with Stakeholder managers to understand business priorities and translate them into procurement plans; comprehends the industry and the Marketplace.
• Utilize supply chain and financial modeling tools.
• Conduct regular business review with suppliers to ensure continuous improvement on scorecard performance
• Execute risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management, and operation strategies
• Drive alignment between Supplier roadmaps and Ring line of business roadmaps
• Identify opportunities for supply chain optimization and implements as appropriate.
• Identify suppliers that provide relevant technology for products.
• Negotiate commodity cost based on market dynamics and financial commitments to key internal stakeholders
• Track and anticipate financial performance and industry dynamics
• Manage internal stakeholder relationship in driving new product introductions, commodity/technology lifecycle, demand/supply, etc.
• Identify and implement opportunities for cost savings optimization
• Develop and maintain relationships with executives and senior executives at suppliers
• Track new technology development for assigned products/suppliers.
• Manage Approved Vendor List (AVL) for commodity, supplier selection, qualification and price negotiation
• Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
• Interface with Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements
• Drive quarterly supplier business reviews that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
• Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
• Work closely with our Engineering teams to support product development efforts, to influence sourcing decisions, meet customer expectations, technical capabilities, and program objectives.
• Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements.
• Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements.
• Deliver periodic executive business review of commodity sourcing strategy, considering the industry landscape, supplier capabilities, scale and performance, product and technical roadmaps and strategic business objectives.
Years of experiences: At least 8 years of experiences
Preferred experiences: Experience of global enterprise consumer electronics brands is preferred
• Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers.
• Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to develop efficient work processes for complex projects involving many groups, across multiple geographies and effectively coordinate, implement, and maintain those processes
• Demonstrated experience interacting with cross-functional teams (internally & externally) with the ability for effective communication
• 8+ plus years of experience in high-tech manufacturing, consumer electronics, and supply chain
• Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection).
• Experience in managing package is highly desirable
• Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
• Strong knowledge and use of procurement tools and applications.
• Strong communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
• A team player with basic leadership skill and influencing skill
• Fluent in English and Mandarin and strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Experience of leading strategy development in supply chain management
1. Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems.
2. leadership and people management experience
3. Project management experience
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Back to top