Global Commodity Manager
Ring is looking for smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidates to join our operations team in Taipei.
• Collaborate with engineering architects to develop commodity sourcing strategy and execute to meet cost and supply targets
• Lead the analysis of specific commodity data or lead an individual supply chain sub-category
• Participate as a senior member on a cross-functional team (may lead specific projects)
• Meet with stakeholder managers to understand business priorities and translate them into procurement plans
• Utilize supply chain and financial modeling tools
• Conduct regular business review with suppliers to ensure continuous improvement on performance
• Execute risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management, and operation strategies
• Drive alignment between supplier roadmaps and business roadmaps
• Identify opportunities for supply chain optimization and implement as appropriate.
• Negotiate commodity cost based on industry dynamics and financial commitments
• Manage internal stakeholder relationship in driving new product introductions, commodity/technology lifecycle, demand/supply, etc.
• Develop and maintain relationships with executives and senior executives at suppliers
• Track new developments for assigned products/suppliers.
• Manage Approved Vendor List (AVL) for commodity, supplier selection, qualification and price negotiation
• Drive quarterly supplier business reviews that defines, among other things, business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
• Work closely with engineering teams to support product development efforts, to influence sourcing decisions, technical capabilities, and program objectives.
• Deliver periodic executive business review of commodity sourcing strategy, considering supplier capabilities, scale and performance, product and technical roadmaps and strategic business objectives.
• Ability to perform a leadership role with cross-functional peers.
• Demonstrated experience interacting with cross-functional teams (internally & externally) with the ability for effective communication
• 5+ plus years of experience in high-tech manufacturing, consumer electronics, and supply chain
• Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection).
• Strong understanding of procurement processes and suppliers.
• Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
• Strong knowledge and use of procurement tools and applications.
• Fluent in English and Mandarin and strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Experience leading strategy development in supply chain management
• Ability to innovate with regard to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems
• Project management experience
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Back to top