Global Commodity Manager
- Seattle, WA
Global Commodity Manager (Level 6)
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
To help solve this problem, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity. We are seeking a Global Commodity manager to identify new sources of supplies, and to develop and execute sourcing strategies relative to the specific commodity. This role will manage the business relationship to ensure full supply chain support while delivering on time, high quality and cost effective materials. Collaboration with R&D, Global Engineering, Operations and Demand Planning to manage supplier performance end-to-end is required.
Primary duties of this role will include:
• Develop and manage strategic relationships with suppliers in one or more specific commodities.
• Responsible for managing supplier qualification, selection, and contract negotiation.
• Work closely with our R&D/engineering teams to support product development efforts, to influence sourcing decisions, meet customer expectations, technical capabilities, and program objectives.
• Develop commodity roadmaps aligning program and business requirements with supplier capabilities.
• Develop cost models and make-versus-buy analysis for decision making.
• Maintain professional knowledge of commodity technology trends including rigorous analysis of industry drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape.
• Ensure supplier readiness and continuity of supply throughout entire product life cycle.
• Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, or a technical field
• 7+ years' experience in business analysis and/or cost management
• 5+ years' experience in quality and/or operations management or equivalent
• 5+ years' experience managing global supplier relationships
• Technical Undergraduate w/MBA and/or MS
• Strong experience in sourcing for new technologies in the medical field
• CPPM or CPSM
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top