Global Commercial Sales Strategy Lead
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in every major industry. Increasingly, these companies are looking at AWS not just as a technology provider, but as a strategic partner that can speed their ability to innovate in the fast and ever-changing digital economy.
As a member of the Sales Strategy group within the Sales Model Design and Go-To-Market Strategy team, you will lead change, enhancement to, and execution of the global customer segmentation and coverage model for the AWS Commercial Sales organization. The ideal candidate will partner closely with sales to better understand the customer journey and AWS adoption, gather best practices, conduct analysis and ultimately determine how to apply these learnings at scale into the Go-to-Market model. You will dive deep into customer segments and propose innovative solutions to support business growth objectives. The role will also be responsible for defining and understanding the effectiveness and performance of the model, while working across the organization to ensure critical foundational elements are both in place and evolving to support the changing needs of the model. This includes defining and representing the team on related strategic programs, process improvement work streams and tooling as needed, as well as helping to define metrics and build an investment prioritization model. This position will also lead sales strategy and transformation projects across the broader Sales Model Design & Go-to-Market team in support of the AWS Commercial Sales organization as required.
The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building, thinks strategically and analytically about business challenges, has experience in program management and has an analytic background to assist the AWS WW Commercial Sales organization in meeting its business objectives. The candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, simplifying where there's complexity, and has the foresight to anticipate business needs, make trade-offs, and balance business dynamics despite constraints.
You should have experience managing complex global programs for sales engagement in large, multi-national, preferably tech organizations. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen, sales strategy and program management experience, and a deep analytical background. Strong judgement as well as a demonstrated ability to influence without explicit authority are key to success.
Seattle, WA USA- Palo Alto, CA USA - New York, NY USA - Austin, TX USA
• Lead the definition, enhancement and implementation of a global customer segmentation and account coverage model.
• Conduct research, develop analysis and synthesize learnings to create and support recommendations that drive change to the sales model or in support of strategic GTM programs and transformation initiatives.
• Define performance measures and reporting requirements, working individually and with analysts, to evaluate effectiveness of GTM models, programs and initiatives.
• Partner and collaborate with Sales, Business development, Finance, Operations, Enablement and other key stakeholder groups at all levels of the organization; influence effectively across all areas and levels of the organization.
• Identify issues and challenges related to sales strategy projects, and drive timely resolution.
• Participate in strategy projects as need.
• 10+ years of strategy experience focused on sales strategy, business strategy or corporate strategy
• 7+ years of experience working within a global technology company or top tier management consulting firm
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of, the market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or related field
• 12+ years of strategy experience focused on sales strategy, business strategy, corporate strategy or GTM management consulting with a top tier firm
• MBA or other relevant advance degree
• GTM experience, specifically in customer segmentation and/or coverage related projects
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
• Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
• Detail-oriented with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize for the long-term
• Meets/Exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top