Global Business Operations Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can procure compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
The Global Business Operations Manager will support a rapidly growing global AWS Custom Pricing Operations team. This candidate will specifically partner with management in Professional Services, Sales, Strategic Customer Engagement, Global Business Operations, Accounting, and Finance to enhance the customer experience related to Professional Services' Statements of Work (SOW) creation. Candidates must possess the ability to manage a team of contract analysts, including performing accuracy reviews and creating process improvements, as well as providing career development and coaching to their direct reports. Imagination and ability to think outside the box will be a must in this highly ambiguous environment.
The candidate will be responsible for leading a team task with building out the contract operations and creation process related SOWs. This will include project management to ensure stakeholder alignment, use case gathering, testing, and final production implementation. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. They will have superb communication skills, and will be able to communicate analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy to understand way.
- Build out a system of record along with standardizing approvals and contract creation for Professional Services' SOWs and partner with technical resources to deliver.
- Work with Professional Services Operations and Invoicing Platform team to create an end to end solution to capture how SOWs move from project set up to invoices.
- Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Salesforce.com, and other data management/BI systems.
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that meet business requirements.
- Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes as they relate to Professional Services' SOWs.
- Provide leadership and guidance to develop other members on the team.
- Drive continuous process improvement while developing relationships for long term solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, while maintaining an independent and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Manage a team of contract analysts responsible for operations related to Professional Services' SOW contract creation.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong project management experience
- Contract creation/review experience
- Proven attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience leading a team and continually improving success driven metrics
- Desire to research and reconcile specific data set with a superior customer experience mindset
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to guide and influence leadership
- Internal and external customer focus and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Strong organization skills
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top