Global Business Operations Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can procure compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
The Global Business Operations Manager will support a rapidly growing global AWS Custom Pricing Operations team. This candidate will specifically partner with management in Sales, Strategic Customer Engagement, Business Development, Global Business Operations, Commerce Platform, Accounting, and Finance to enhance the customer experience related to custom billing. Candidates must possess the ability to understand business requirements and processes to continue to create an accurate and efficient billing platform for both internal and external customers. Ingenuity and the ability to think outside the box will be a must in this highly ambiguous environment.
The candidate will be responsible for evaluating and implementing operations for new custom pricing constructs, defining custom billing requirements globally,and evaluating and improving standard operating procedures around contract creation, billing automation, and data integrity. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have superb communication skills, and will be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy to understand manner.
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that meet business requirements.
- Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes as they relate to custom pricing.
- Provide leadership and guidance to develop other members on the team.
- Drive continuous process improvement while developing relationships for long term solutions.
- Strategically define programs with Business Development.
- Define requirements related to automation improvements with various stakeholders.
- Develop contract implementation requirements to streamline workflow process with Legal team.
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, while maintaining an independent and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Salesforce.com, and other data management/BI systems.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proven attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering and creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- MBA preferred
- Advanced written communication skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Internal and external customer focus and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Proven project management ability that demonstrates organizational and problem solving skills that lead to a successful conclusion
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top