Global Alliance Manager - Storage
- San Francisco, CA
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to develop relationships and manage the success of our Storage Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). As a partner development manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform across AWS's most strategic business partners.
We are always looking to improve and we also recognize there are many ways to lead and partner. We're looking for a Think Big leader with diversity in thought who can add to our company skillset by bringing their unique industry knowledge and creativity to our organization. At Amazon, we live our professional lives by the Leadership Principals. When we hire, we look for those who are Amazonian rather than for someone who fits an exact resume mold. To us, Diversity in thought and experience is a good thing. We are hiring for attitude and training for skill because we recognize success takes many paths. We are looking for someone who can help us create the next version of what it means to be a great partner to our ISVs and is passionate about customers. We will coach the right fit.
Responsibilities will include managing strategic relationships with our key Storage partners and driving C-level, Product Team, Marketing, Field and Channel relationships. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and driving partner plans with each assigned partner, you will be responsible for increasing top line revenue growth and overall market adoption of these ISV solutions running on AWS. You will possess both a partner background that enables them to drive successful partnerships, engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and AWS sales/field reps. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with working knowledge of the storage technology and consulting services landscape.
• Manage a select group of new and existing storage partnerships end-end.
• Work with a select group of new and existing partners to define and execute joint sales and Go to Market (GTM) programs.
• Serve as a key member of the Partner and Business Development teams in helping to deliver the overall Storage partner strategy.
• Engage assigned partners field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
• Create a strategic partner development plan for target partners and customers, and ensure it's in line with the AWS storage strategy. This includes developing detailed account plans to manage and track the progress of each partner organization and achievement against partner goals.
• Set and manage targets and work with the partner and AWS BD/sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
• Manage and close a pipeline of customer opportunities associated with assigned partners.
• Work with the Storage segment leader to execute the strategic business plan by engaging key internal stakeholders (e.g. solutions architects, services teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
• Work closely with the partner's customer base to ensure they are successful using AWS services.
• Establish AWS as the partner's preferred cloud computing platform across all product and service lines.
• Understand the technical requirements of our solution providers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings and joint partner solutions
• Work with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years of sales or business development experience in the software/technology industry
• Alliances management experience
• 5+ years' experience in storage
• Experience engaging C-level executives.
• Track record of owning, driving and managing partnerships and/or Global Enterprise Accounts against quarterly targets
• Experienced presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
• Technical acumen, with a track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
• Think and work creatively to develop unique joint value propositions and product strategy within AWS and in the partner organization
• Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Visible thought leadership on topics relevant to partners and executive decision makers on use of technology in storage
• Prior track record of influencing innovation through a partner ecosystem with either solutions and/or programs that have demonstrated success at enterprise customers
• Proven communication skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
• Technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top