Global Account Manager - Automotive (Detroit)
- Flexible / Remote
AWS is seeking an experienced Account Manager to lead and continue to expand the business with one of our company's largest and most innovative automotive customers.
The Account Manager will be key member of the team responsible for providing business leadership and creative direction of this highly visible customer. You will build and maintain broad relationships in the account, develop and manage opportunities, and lead a large team of extended resources. You will define a CXO relationship strategy within the account, including building a strong working relationship with the AWS senior leadership team for executive sponsorship, executive business reviews, and shaping go-to-market opportunities.
The Account Manager is responsible for teaming with all aspects of the customer's organization, which includes executives, engineering, business owners, legal, and others. Skills required to build relationships across an account include creative thinking, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, to impact all business groups. The Account Manager is responsible for selling at the most strategic level within the account and implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and service implementation. The Account Manager works with all appropriate AWS resources (Executives, Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, Service teams and Professional Services) to support customer interests, and will understand how to strongly advocate for their customer and balance that with the business needs of AWS . This includes dotted line responsibility for downstream sales and technical resources that may be geographically distributed.
Development of formal case studies and other forms of references highlighting activity and workloads running on AWS is core to the role.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
• 10+ years experience working at a technology company as the lead account and relationship manager of a large global organization.
• 3+ years experience working with enterprise and/or global automotive accounts.
• Experience as the primary account manager of a global federated enterprise working with multiple business units and influencing governance and policy is a plus.
• Experience with the largest global automotive companies is a plus.
• BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field (MBA preferred)
• Experience in large complex deal negotiations with a successful track record; establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations.
• Strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas,SaaS,PaaS) would be preferred but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
• Candidate must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skill.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top