The GIS Manager is responsible for creating and utilizing tools and technologies in service of real estate selection and evaluation. The candidate will have the opportunity to be a key driver in helping to define real estate requirements for Amazon's very first physical locations. The candidate must possess strong business acumen and be energized by working with huge data sets and solving complex problems for our customers. The GIS Manager must be an effective leader and communicator in working with Amazon internal groups such as business intelligence, transportation, operations, and finance.
The ideal candidate is a self-driven analyst who has a track record of crafting complex analyses, developing reporting, and creative problem solving. They should be able to define and drive long-term processes and strategies for the evaluation and acquisition of real estate. Proven analytical thinking, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills are musts. They are an effective leader and communicator and a seasoned problem-solver.
- BA/BS Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Geography or related field
- 5 years of experience as a business/finance/market analyst or a similar job function, including 3+ years of relevant experience with data mining, SQL, data visualizations, GIS / Mapping software, and modeling
- Experience in developing business/financial models and metrics to address business critical issues in a time-sensitive environment
- Experience in using data visualizations tools to simplify otherwise complex analysis results
- Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; think big, start small, grow fast
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results: self-starter and self-directed
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top