German Translation Specialist
Data Center Global Services (DCGS) is looking for a German translation specialist to translate documentation in support of data center engineering and operations. DCGS is responsible for building, maintaining, and evaluating the electrical plants, cooling plants and physical spaces that support Amazon's servers.
- Translate Amazon data center technical documentation and other content from English to German and German to English
- Assist with linguistic QA (TEP) of localized content
- Maintain German glossaries, style guides and translation memories
- Assist with other general translation work as needed
- Native speaker of German
- Professional-level writing skills in German
- Excellent English comprehension, both written and verbal
- At least 3 years of professional translation experience from English to German and from German to English
- At least 3 years experience using Computer Aided Translation tools
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; ability to exercise high standards for quality while meeting tight deadlines
- Specialization in technical/IT translation
- Hands-on experience with using Trados Studio for translation
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and datacenter operations concepts and terminology in both languages
- Experience in Terminology Maintenance (glossaries, style guides, TMs), including processes and tools
- BA or MA in Translation, or ATA or other professional certification
- Creativity, flexibility, willingness to take ownership
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top