Generator Services Team Manager
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers.
We are seeking an energetic, customer oriented Generator Team Manager to serve as a technical resource and leader within our Operations Services Team. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels around the critical infrastructure in Data Center Engineering Operations. The Generator Team Manager is responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of all generators within the data center space. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% up-time.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance and repair of data center emergency generators.
- Act as an ambassador of safety and security ensuring the highest level of team compliance with our safe, secure culture.
- Ensure all work performed within the data center is completed to the highest standard of quality eliminating impact to internal/external customers.
- Manage teams of generator technicians in all facets of their responsibilities and career development.
- Manage maintenance schedule ensuring 100% generator maintenance completion and compliance.
- Engage in improvement projects working with a variety of support teams driving them from conception to completion.
- Manage team expenditures ensuring best purchase value.
- Assists in defining contract scopes and works with contracts partner team ensuring highest quality outcome in support of our customer.
- Manages projects within established deadlines and budgets.
- Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and management on a routine basis.
- Provide support for LSE, weather events, planned, and unplanned outages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in data centers with an emphasis on electrical infrastructure and equipment operation.
- 2+ years of experience in a management position with 3 or more direct reports.
- Understanding of data center electrical infrastructure in support of generator maintenance.
- Deep understanding of electrical and generator best practices and ensures their application.
- Ability to manage people and develop teams.
- Ability to solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Strong aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Ability to follow accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking solutions.
- Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making. Decisions impact team.
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.\
- Proactively and continually improves level of knowledge about Amazon business and relevant technologies.
- Ability to establish vendor relationships.
- Ability to take ownership of technical issues brought to them by their customer base. If they are unable to resolve certain issues by themselves, can demonstrate a willingness to actively engage other support teams to drive it to resolution.
- Candidate must meet and maintain all eligibility requirements to drive a company service vehicle, including but not limited to: must have a valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
- Excellent understanding of data center electrical infrastructure in support of generator maintenance.
- Advanced electrical certifications or Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant engineering discipline.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top