Director, AWS Dev Tools
The mission of AWS Developer Tools is to provide customers the most productive experience to develop, deliver, and manage modern cloud-based applications. We own the tools and services that AWS customers use to develop, deploy, and manage their applications on AWS these include SDKs, CLIs, IDEs, source code management tools, deployment tools, Infrastructure-as-Code tools, mobile app development, and more. With millions of AWS developers as customers, we are a critical interface to the cloud.
The AWS Developer Tools org is looking for an engineering director to lead development of a new product in the Software Development Lifecycle Management space. You and your team will be responsible of defining features and roadmap of the innovative product helping customers to develop software safer and faster. You will work closely with the customers in order to understand their needs and run new ideas. We are looking a leader who is experienced in delivering multi-region fault tolerant systems, is passionate about the developer tools space, is excited to have software developers as their customers, and is obsessed about creating compelling customer experiences.
As the software development manager of this team you will play a critical role in shaping the product definition, design, roadmap, and development of the new product. You will:
• Hiring, retaining, and growing top management and engineering talent within your group
• Be a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the AWS business.
• Quickly and reliably delivering high quality technical solutions that will delight our customers.
• Work on business strategy to define a product roadmap that's compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across the AWS business.
• Meet with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story on AWS.
• Clearly communicate at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on a vision for the product.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible function within the AWS business. You will have a distinct impact on how developers build software on AWS. You will have a unique opportunity to build team around you and be an anchor for Developer Tools organization in Amazon HQ2. If you're excited to have a large impact on AWS and the cloud computing industry, you'll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 10+ years people management experience
• Knowledge and experience in developer tools, operational tools, and/or application management tools. This could include monitoring tools, PaaS systems, source code management systems (SCM), build tools, testing tools, deployment tools, continuous delivery (CI/CD), ticketing and issue management tools, configuration management, change management tools, team productivity tools (project / collaboration), integrated development environments (IDEs), or software development kits (SDKs).
• Knowledge and experience with web-scale services and distributed systems
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.