We are looking for a China Database Business Development Manager, to drive adoption of AWS Database Services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc...)
As a Database Business Development Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and assist deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's Database Engines within the Digital Native, Enterprise, ISV, SMB, and Start-Up communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market segments and/or workloads, contributing to the necessary business, and facilitating technical relationships with customers and partners to help establish new business in those markets, and supporting stakeholders in their day-to-day interactions with customers in order to build long-term business opportunity. You will also work closely with the product/ teams to help them evolve the products, and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to support an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the China Database team, focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for Amazon Database Services.
• Help define the database market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
• Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, and that they have the technical resources required.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new opportunities.
• Strong relational and non-relational database technical knowledge with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied database approaches (relational, in-memory, non-relational, etc...)
• 10+ years of experience with go to market strategy, business development, enterprise sales, presales, or program/product management experience
• Knowledge of Open Source and Commercial Databases (SQL & NoSQL)
• Technical and/or business degree required.
• Knowledge of relevant AWS database services or other cloud database services is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.