We are looking for an accomplished BD Specialist to play an important role on the Database BD team to drive adoption of AWS Database Services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc...)
As a BD Specialist for this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technologies that will have a significant impact on our customer's technical strategy. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration of solutions of AWS database services.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a sales effort that will include teaming with account managers and solutions architects to drive customer outcomes.
The successful candidate will also possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with technical architects and DBAs.
You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Drive revenue and market share for AWS database services in a defined territory or industry vertical.
• Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
• Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
• Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS database solutions
• Manage the end to end commercial process through engagement of appropriate resources such as Solutions Architects, Professional Services, Executives and Partners etc...
• Accelerate customer adoption of services such Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc...
• Manage and maintain a robust and accurate pipeline and forecast
• Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
• Work closely with the HQ product team to communicate requirements for the defined territory
• 10+ years of account management or presales experience working with internet or enterprise customers selling cloud or software technology solutions
• 5+ years sales or presales experience in selling database solutions or database cloud services
• Experienced in C-level conversation
• Technical and/or business degree required
• Knowledge of AWS database services or other cloud database services is a plus
• Solution selling experience with digital native customers or enterprise industries
• Knowledge in database ecosystem and trends is preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.