Amazon Games is looking for a Security Engineer to join our Amazon Game Studios Security Team. This team is responsible for the security of all of the games being developed by Amazon Game Studios.
In this role, you will:
• Perform security reviews of all games using an in-house review and threat modelling process.
• Perform pen-testing of all games using both in-house and off-the-shelf tools (e.g. Wireshark, Fiddler, and Burp).
• Ensure all game features are reviewed and any security findings are resolved.
• Develop and manage in-house tools that are used for pen-testing of all games.
• Verbal and written communication of security risk and business impact to engineers and managers of all levels.
This role does not require game development experience, so it is a great opportunity for an application security expert with a passion for learning more about the game space.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
• 3+ years performing security tests (pen-tests) of Windows or web service applications.
• 1+ years of experience with AWS
• 2+ years of experience in game development.
• Experience debugging and writing C++ and Java
• Reverse engineering experience.
• Experience with commercial protection and anti-tamper software.
• Experience instrumenting or manipulating programs at a binary level or creating cheats.
• 3+ years of experience working with large engineering teams.
• 3+ years building internet connected applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.