Game Systems Engineer
Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you'll have the power of Amazon Web Services' cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
You are a Game Systems Engineer with broad game development experience and world-class software engineering skills. You will utilize modern development practices to design, implement, and own the gameplay systems that drive an unannounced title from Amazon Game Studios. Your team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles including Need for Speed, Burnout Paradise, Forza, Mechwarrior Online, Call of Duty, Half Life 2, and Halo. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of a brand new AAA game title. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and also excel at communication, customer focus, and iterating with game designers to deliver the best product.
As a Game Services Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Design, build and own rock-solid core gameplay systems built in the Lumberyard Game Engine.
- Work with the game team to build a set of tools and systems that focus on fast iteration empowering the team to move with agility and deliver high quality experiences quickly.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams
- At least 1 released game on which you were a primary contributor. Self-published titles are acceptable.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in C#, C++, or Java.
- 4+ years of game development experience.
- Lumberyard 3D game engine development experience.
- Specialized skills in implementing new core systems in an existing game engine.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top