We are passionate about video games. We love the camaraderie of gamers competing, collaborating, and connecting on a massive scale. We live for epic adventures, immersive worlds, live streams and esports. If you share our passion, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you'll have the opportunity to earn your place on teams of brilliant and amazing developers who relentlessly pursue their love of gaming, learning and creativity.
We are looking for a creative Game Designer who knows what it takes to make a great game and has experience doing so. The perfect candidate is comfortable working wonders within the limitations of their project, is used to being agile in a smaller team environment, is focused on shipping a quality product, and is a self-motivated team player.
You'll work with your team to help design and implement engaging game play mechanics within a positive, "what does the game need to be great" environment. You should have experience designing and analyzing game mechanics and love to dive deep into the details of game development. An in-depth understanding and experience with shooter game mechanics is a plus.
- Author, maintain, and present clear and concise design documentation and wiki pages
- Spec game flow, mathematical models, and player experience
- Create, test, and balance design data and scripts
- Use real-time feedback and metrics post-launch to tune game designs accordingly
- Act as a liaison between design, artists, and engineers to facilitate communication and champion ideas on behalf of the design team.
- Work autonomously or collaboratively on features, with the ability to run with a problem or task and see it through from start to finish.
- Remain up-to-date with Game Design best practices
- 4+ years creating clear and concise game designs for new games and new features
- 4+ years generating and refining game mechanics and themes
- Strong knowledge of standard game design practices and tools including databases
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of games
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of current commercial game titles
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of designers, artists, and engineers
- Must have the ability to take initiative and self-manage at times
- Must have a positive attitude and be team player
- Successful titles demonstrating excellent design talent
- Prior experience with Lumberyard or other game engines, such as Cryengine, Unity, or Unreal.
- Experience with Python, LUA, or other scripting languages
- Experience balancing and pacing games
- Expert with math and formulas in game environment
- Deep understanding of Twitch as a viewer or broadcaster
- Passion for games, movies, comics, and popular culture
- Game programming background a plus
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top