Functional Safety Test Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented engineer to work on the validation of functional safety on a consumer hardware product. In this role, you will work with a team of HW, SW, System and Hardware Compliance engineers to design and conduct product-level tests. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
• Define test plans, develop test methods and perform test execution to ensure design meets Safety compliance for a new category of products.
• Identify and analyze failure modes of control circuits, sensors and sub-systems using existing tools (FMEDA, DFMEA, single-fault analysis, statistical and probability theory).
• Develop test infrastructure and automation solutions to enable testing for certification.
• Document test plans, procedures and test outcomes as required by compliance and certification.
• Be able to strive in a fast-paced start-up like environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics or related field.
• 5+ years of experience working on complex electronics or electro-mechanical systems.
• Experience in performing fault propagation analysis, single-fault and random fault verification.
• Experience with system level testing on devices involving one or more of analog and digital circuits, sensors, optics and power-management ICs.
• Comfortable scripting in one or more programming/scripting languages like Python, Matlab, BASH, C.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics or related field.
• Experience with testing and certification on NTI projects.
• Experience with standards (ISO13482, ISO/PAS 21448, ISO21384, UL1740 ) is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top